MC United Soccer Club is excited to offer a youth developmental soccer academy for our community's youngest players.
The MC United Firecrackers Academy is open to all area youth ages 4 to 7 (including those turning 8), regardless of school, soccer club, or recreational program affiliation.
Beginning this year, we are adopting US Youth Soccer’s Play-Learn-Play format. The format allows kids to use skills while having fun and for coaches to see what skills need improvement.
The skills sessions focus on soccer fundamentals and proper techniques while creating a fun environment that allows athletes to learn the game of soccer. The games sessions allow players to utilize the fundamentals they have learned during the skills sessions.
- Who can register for the academy?
- Registration is available to those born after January 1, 2011 and before June 1, 2014. Please contact the director to inquire about birthdays outside that range.
- When will registration open?
- Friday March 15, 2019 and will close on Sunday May 12, 2019
- When will the academy run?
- Monday, May 6 — Monday, June 17
- Sessions will be held on May 6, 10, 13, 17, 20, 24, 31 and June 3, 7, 10, 14, 17 (Mondays and Fridays)
- All sessions will be held at Eastbay Sports Complex. Monday sessions will be held on fields 1, 2, 4, 5 and 8. Friday sessions will be held on fields 13 and 14
- We plan to host the 2nd Annual Firecrackers Cup on June 22 from approximately 9 am - 2 pm
- What times will the academy start?
- Each session will start at 5:30 and last approximately to 6:45
- Where is the Firecrackers Academy held?
- All sessions are held at the Eastbay Soccer Complex fields vary based on the night.
- What is the cost?
- $63 and will cover the registration and field fees.
- Registration must be completed online prior to participation. (No exceptions will be made)
The Firecrackers Program is organized and run by MC United Soccer Club coaching staff, experienced players and dedicated parents.
Each session players should bring/wear the following:
- Soccer cleats (recommended, not required)
- Shin guards (required; for safety reasons, players without shinguards will not be allowed to play)
- Clothes suitable for the weather
- Water bottle
- Positive attitude and willingness to learn and have fun