We know you have options when choosing a competitive soccer club, so why choose MC United?
- We offer girls and co-ed team options
- Our club is home to students from across Marathon County and beyond including the Wausau, DC Everest, Newman, Marshfield, Stevens Point, Abbotsford, Medford, Eagle River and Minocqua area school districts
- MC United provides scholarships to ensure everyone has the opportunity to play
- MC United is one of the only Clubs in the area to provide opportunities for play during both fall and spring seasons
- Our teams attend three tournaments during the spring season (included in registration fees) and four tournaments during the fall season. All of the teams from our club participate in the same tournaments (except for the fourth fall tournament which is coach's choice), which helps to limit travel costs for families while allowing them to enjoy watching other MCU teams compete
- We offer diverse levels of play — competitive teams that play in the CWSL league as well as those that play in the State League*
- Our certified coaches are some of the best in the area
- MC United is host of the Mountain Bay Cup and MCU Fall Cup held annually in the fall and spring. The Mountain Bay Cup draws more than 100 teams from around the state to our area for a weekend of competitive soccer on some of the best fields in the state.
- MC United regularly offers players access to specialized clinics in goalkeeper training, speed and agility, foot skills, etc.
- We develop players from the ground up — offering the MCU Firecrackers Youth Academy for grades K-2 and competitive U9 - U18 teams*
- We are growing! MC United registrations are up nearly 20 percent from last year!
*High school players: MC United welcomes all players. However, it is recommended that players joining MC United for the first time as a high school player (freshman U15s through U18) have some prior experience playing in another competitive soccer club; WAYSA, Everest Youth Soccer, or another indoor or outdoor recreational soccer program; or have participated for a season in their school district’s middle or high school soccer program. Parents of high school players interested in joining MC United that have not had any prior soccer experience should contact Lance Kelly, MC United’s Director of Coaching, prior to registration. This will help ensure that parents and players that are brand new to soccer have information about general skill, agility, and fitness expectations prior to committing to participation.