We know you have options when choosing a competitive soccer club, so why choose MC United?
- Our club is home to students from across Marathon County and beyond including the Wausau, DC Everest, Newman, Marshfield, Stevens Point, Abbotsford, Colby, Medford, Merrill, Lakeland, Eagle River and Minocqua area school districts
- We offer girls and co-ed team options
- MC United provides scholarships to ensure everyone has the opportunity to play
- MC United is one of the only Clubs in the area to provide opportunities for play during both fall and spring seasons
- Our teams attend three tournaments during the spring season (included in registration fees) and three or four tournaments during the fall season. All of the teams from our club generally participate in the same tournaments, which helps to limit travel costs for families while allowing them to enjoy watching other MCU teams compete
- We offer diverse levels of play — competitive teams that play in the CWSL league as well as those that play in the State League*
- Our certified coaches are some of the best in the area
- MC United is host of the Mountain Bay Cup and MCU Fall Cup held annually in the spring and fall. Our tournaments draws 100 to 120 teams from around the state to our area for a weekend of competitive soccer on some of the best fields in the state. The Marathon County Sports Complex provides amazing fields for our teams to practice and play on.
- MC United regularly offers players access to specialized clinics in goalkeeper training, speed and agility, foot skills, etc.
- We develop players from the ground up — offering the MCU Firecrackers Youth Academy for grades K-2 and competitive U9 - U18 teams*
- We are growing! MC United registrations have been growing year after year.
*High school players: MC United welcomes all players. However, it is recommended that players joining MC United for the first time as a high school player (freshman U15s through U18) have some prior experience playing in another competitive soccer club; WAYSA, Everest Youth Soccer, or another indoor or outdoor recreational soccer program; or have participated for a season in their school district’s middle or high school soccer program. Parents of high school players interested in joining MC United that have not had any prior soccer experience should contact Lance Kelly, MC United’s Director of Coaching, prior to registration. This will help ensure that parents and players that are brand new to soccer have information about general skill, agility, and fitness expectations prior to committing to participation.